Planning your visit
Sutton Bank National Park Centre has now reopened (17 May 2021)
Further information on available facilities and the latest updates are available on the main National Park Centre page.
Opening times for the National Park Centre
Subject to change due to coronavirus - please check our main National Park Centre page for the latest information.
- Open daily until 3 January 2021, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- January and February, weekends only until 14 February, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily from 15 February until 31 March, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Daily April to October, 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Daily November and December, 10.30am to 4.00pm
- Closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
- Open 26 December - 4 January 2022, 10.30am to 4.00pm
Opening times for Park Life Café
Please note Park Life Café may be open at different times to the National Park Centre.
Opening times for Sutton Bank Bikes
Please note Sutton Bank Bikes may be open at different times to the National Park Centre, see opening times on their website for the most up-to-date information.
To find out more, call
How to get here
Sutton Bank National Park Centre is six miles (9.5km) east of Thirsk (or 7.5 miles (12km) west of Helmsley) at the top of Sutton Bank on the A170.
There is limited public transport to Sutton Bank. The nearest railway station is in Thirsk (7.5 miles away).
There are pay and display car parks.
Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Time for You
- See and do
- Explore the North York Moors
- Amazing views
- TV and film locations
- Ideas for sunny days
- Forests and woodlands
- Retreat and romance
- Dark skies
- Dog friendly
- Land of myths & legends
- Market towns and villages
- Inspired by... gallery
- Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- The Moors National Park Centre
- Out and About guide
- National Park Experiences
- North York Moors Coast
- Enjoy outdoors
- What's on
- Made in...
- Travel and information
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us