Nature for all
There's no denying day-to-day life has become worrying and uncertain. One thing that hasn't changed is the fact you'll feel 100 times better when connecting with nature. You may be lucky enough to be able to access local green spaces or have your own garden. If not, there's still many ways to get your daily dose of the natural world. It's good for the soul and so important to look after your mental wellbeing.
Here's ten ideas to discover the great outdoors, learn new things and even glimpse into another corner of the world.
1. Become a citizen scientist and sign up to CPRE's Star Count. Choose a clear night between 6 -14 February and count how many stars you can see in the constellation of Orion.
2. Adventures for the Soul specialise in yoga, mindfulness, walking and nature experiences. Check out the Wellness Hub currently offering 'Magical discoveries on your doorstep' to soothe, calm your mind and reconnect yourself.
3. Have a read of This Land. Our Home. A series of articles that explore the wildlife and people who live and work here, taking a closer look at passionate individuals who cherish, protect and call this land their home.
5. GetOutside is a fantastic resource from Ordnance Survey and partners. Reap the rewards of outdoor activity by taking on challenges, watch others on adventures around the country or digest the many blogs and create your own bucket list.
6. Sign up to an event for this year's Virtual Dark Skies Festival. It's a chance to learn something something about space, discover more about nocturnal wildlife, join in with live events and activities, craft, bake and get your quiz on! There's something for all ages and interests.
7. Check out BBC Two's Winterwatch. Catch up on previous episodes and explore their online hub. Seek out seasonal wildlife on your daily walks with their #WinterWatchlist.
8. Get lost in the magic of nature from the comfort of your home. Check out Forestry England's favourite nature-focused podcasts, perfect for helping you connect with the outdoors whilst staying indoors.
9. Catch up on Sir David Attenborough's latest documentary series A Perfect Planet. An awe-inspiring exploration of Earth’s power and fragility.
10. #NatureForAll Discovery Zone includes resources to learn, discover and experience nature from around the world, wherever you are.
Support Nature Friendly businesses
When the time's right to visit again, we'd love you to support a Nature Friendly business. There’s a whole host of accommodation and activity providers who have dedicated their services and facilities to give you the best nature experiences in the North York Moors.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us