You'll find Tourist Information Centres (TIC), National Park Village Information Points and National Park Mobile Information Units in many of the market towns and villages across the area.
National Park Centres and Tourist Information Centres are good places to start exploring the region. The knowledgeable and friendly staff will help you plan your visit in advance and help you when you are here.
Services provided vary from one TIC to the next but they include:
- Accommodation booking
- Tickets for local theatres and shows
- Public transport information
- Information on things to see and do
- Maps and guidebooks
- Coach tickets
- Local crafts and souvenirs for sale
National Park Centres and Tourist Information Centres
- Danby - The Moors National Park Centre, Lodge Lane YO21 2NB T: 01439 772737
- Sutton Bank - National Park Centre YO7 2EH (on the A170 east of Thirsk) T: 01845 597426
- Easingwold - Chapel Lane YO61 3AE T: 01347 821530
- Great Ayton - Great Ayton Discovery Centre, 105b High Street, Great Ayton TS9 6NB T: 01642 723268
- Northallerton - Applegarth DL7 8LZ T: 01609 776864
- Pickering - Trailblazer Outdoors, 17 Market Place YO18 7AE T: 01751 475183 (Visitor Information Charter member)
- Saltburn - Saltburn Library, Windsor Road TS12 1AT T: 01287 623584
- Scarborough - Stephen Joseph Theatre, Westborough YO11 1JW T: 01723 383636
- Stockton - 134B High Street TS18 1LP T: 01642 528130
- Thirsk - 93A Market Place YO7 1EY T: 01845 522755
- Whitby - Harbour Office, Endeavour Wharf YO21 1DN T: 01723 383636
Seasonal National Park Mobile Information Units
Our Rangers and Volunteer Rangers can be found at these locations at certain times of the year in our mobile information units. They will be able to answer any questions; you'll also find a range of information to take away and some of our walks leaflets are available to buy.
- Farndale - Low Mill Car Park - during wild daffodil season (March/April)
- Saltergate Car Park (July/August)
- Robin Hood's Bay - Station car park, Station Road, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby, YO22 4RE (summer)
Village Information Points - ask a local!
Take advantage of insider knowledge at our Village Information Points around the North York Moors. Local people know the National Park best so who better to ask for advice about what to do and where to go? You can also stock up on maps, guidebooks, walking and cycling leaflets, as well as the official guide to the National Park, Discover the North York Moors, and the annual Out and About guide.