Dark Skies Festival
Dark Skies Festival 2021 (12-28 February 2021)
Come February we'll be celebrating the sixth Dark Skies Festival alongside the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Get ready for lots of nocturnal action as it's themed around Nature at Night. You're likely to be getting up close and personal with things that go bump in the night!
We're working on a line up to provide a fascinating insight into our precious wildlife when the sun goes down. Dark skies, free from light pollution, are of utmost importance to many species and we hope to reveal its significance through a mixture of exciting and informative activities and presentations.
Confirmed events so far include:
- Winter Owl Evenings at National Centre for Birds of Prey
- Night Navigation experiences and Dark Skies walks on the moors with Large Outdoors
- Twilight sounds nature safari with an ecologist and wellbeing expert
- Night awe walks on the coast and moorland
- Astrophotography workshops at Castle Howard with local and renowned photographer Steve Bell
- Ghost walks at Robin Hood’s Bay
- Night Navigation Masterclass with AFS Mountaineering
- Bat box making with our Ryevitalise team at Sutton Bank National Park Centre
- Magical mystery twilight walks with Adventures for the Soul
- Virtual talks from ecologists and conservationists including ‘How light pollution impacts on our wildlife’ by Dr Callum Macgregor
- Of course, stargazing events too!
Keep an eye on the Dark Skies Festival website to book events, they'll be live soon.
- Looking after
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- About us