Complaints, compliments and feedback

We try to provide a high quality service at all times. If you feel that we have not met your expectations or have exceeded them, please let us know.

Making a compliment or giving feedback

The Authority appreciates feedback of all kinds, whether positive or negative, and uses it to develop or improve services.

It is also helpful to know if a service you received was of a high standard, or if you feel that a member of staff did something particularly well.

Making a complaint

If you think we have not met the standards of service that you expect or that we have acted, or failed to act, in an appropriate manner, you may wish to tell us about it. You may also be concerned about a policy or the lack of action of the National Park Authority itself.

If your concern is about a member of staff, please talk to him or her directly. You may find that the matter can easily be resolved.

If you are not happy with the response, or feel it is serious, you should put the matter in writing as clearly and as soon as you can to make a formal complaint.

We will send you a written acknowledgement within three working days. This will tell you who is dealing with your complaint and a date by which you should receive a response. Please see our Complaints Procedure.

It helps if you can make your complaint within four weeks of the problem taking place. This means that our staff, who are working on many issues at the same time, will still have your problem fresh in their minds.

You can ask a Member of the Authority or your Member of Parliament to take up the matter for you,if you feel it appropriate.

You can also refer your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman, although they usually expect you to have raised your concerns with the Authority first.

How to give feedback

You can either email us, complete the online form or write a letter to:

North York Moors National Park Authority
The Old Vicarage
YO62 5BP

Useful links and information to download

Finance, Risk, Audit and Standards Committee

Complaints about a Member of the Authority

back to top