Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plans
Conservation Area Appraisals
The National Park Authority undertakes written appraisals of the special historic and architectural character of the Conservation Areas under its control as required.
These cover issues such as setting and historical development; spatial and character analysis; possible boundary changes; general guidance for new development; and management and enhancement proposals.
Appraisals form supporting documents in the Authority’s Local Development Framework. They are therefore relevant in the assessment and determination of planning applications so are useful documents for those considering carrying out development within the Conservation Areas.
Conservation Area Appraisals to download
- Ampleforth Conservation Area Assessment & Management Plan Supplementary Planning Document (pdf)
Ampleforth Conservation Area Assessment - Map (pdf)
- Helmsley Conservation Area Appraisal (pdf)
- Cloughton Conservation Area Appraisal (pdf)
- Hutton Lowcross Conservation Area Appraisal (pdf)
- Oswaldkirk Conservation Area Assessment & Management Plan Supplementary Planning Document (pdf)
- Staithes Conservation Area Appraisal (6MB file)
- Looking after
- Policies and Plans
- Planning applications
- View an application
- Meet the Planning Team
- Building conservation
- Planning advice notes
- Sirius Minerals Polyhalite Mine (WoodSmith Mine)
- Fracking (shale gas)
- Planning and Administration advice
- About us